Brooklyn Gun Crimes & Weapons Attorney
Guns are more common, yet more aggressively prosecuted every day in New York City and the five boroughs (Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens and Staten Island). The Brooklyn, New York, gun crimes defense attorneys at Stoll, Glickman & Bellina, LLP, have successfully defended virtually every kind of gun case. From firearms in the home, to guns and weapons in cars and on the street, we have aggressively litigated every aspect of a gun case — from cop credibility, to unlawful search and seizure, to weapon operability and temporary lawful possession.
We defend weapons charges from several different angles:
- If a gun is allegedly found in your home, we will fight the right of the police to have been in your home in the first place. Did the officer have a valid search warrant or your permission to search your property?
- If a gun is allegedly found in a car you’re in, we will fight the basis for the stop or search of the car and we will work at developing reasonable doubt whether you knew the gun was in the car.
- Whether a gun is recovered in a car you are in or your home, we will work at developing reasonable doubt whether you had “dominion and control” over the alleged illegal firearm.
- If a gun is allegedly found on you, we’ll fight the basis for your search and seizure, and if the gun is recovered from the street, we’ll develop doubt whether it was you who possessed it.
Alleged weapons sales have their own set of considerations, often involving cooperating witnesses (informers) and undercovers. We have dealt often with all of these issues, and will aggressively put our experience to work for you.
When you need a strong and effective defense, contact a New York City weapons and firearms offense lawyer at Stoll, Glickman & Bellina, LLP, online or call 718-852-3710.
Defense Against Any Weapons Charges
Prosecutors may have gotten tougher on guns in the last several years, but that doesn’t change their burden of proof, beyond a reasonable doubt. We will help you hold the prosecution to their burden, and aggressively protect your rights. In our many years handling gun charges and other weapons charges, we’ve defended every type of case, including:
- Illegal possession of a firearm
- Use of a weapon when committing a crime
- Carrying a concealed weapon unlawfully
- Violation of gun dealer laws
- Possession of more firearms than allowed
- Felon in possession of a firearm
Illegal Search and Seizure
People usually get into trouble with weapons violations in one of two ways: they are pulled over by the police and searched or they are at a location for which a search warrant has been issued and a weapon is found.
A police officer cannot simply stop you on the street and frisk you. They cannot pull your car over and search it. They have to have probable cause to stop or detain you; that is, they have to have good reason to suspect that you have committed a crime.
Problems with unlawful search and seizure by law enforcement are one of the primary defenses in many weapons cases. All too often the police violate people’s constitutional rights by searching their person or property. In the case of search warrants and raids, it’s typical for police to arrest everyone indiscriminately at a property if guns or drugs are found.
We are strong advocates for your constitutional rights. We know search and seizure law inside and out and will build a strong case, seeking to suppress illegally obtained evidence against you.
Call for a Free Consultation
Contact a New York criminal defense lawyer today to discuss your case. We are available during regular business hours and by appointment.
Se habla Español